Monday, December 31, 2007

To My Viewers:

I've done it.

Tonight's picture will be the final picture and successful completion of this project. It's sort of hard to imagine that I've managed to take at least one picture (usually many more) everyday for a complete year. While it doesn't appear to have made me rich (as of writing this, I've made $5.27 through the Adsense ads on this site) or famous, it has easily been the chronologically longest project I've worked on to date.

I'm not entirely sure whether I had any concrete goals in mind when I choose to do this project, but it has been a good experience none-the-less. I feel weird knowing that tomorrow, I won't have to find something to take a picture of if I don't want to. But at the same time, for the same reason, I am also relieved.

That being said, I really like the idea of having a yearly project. I will always be able to refer to 2007 as the Year of Pictures in my life. So, in the same spirit, I am looking for a new project to undertake in 2008 and I'm looking to you, my few and faithful viewers, to provide me as many suggestions and ideas as you can come up with for this new project. Think of it as a brainstorming session; all ideas are welcome and are fodder for being put through my personal view of things to determine what my next project should be. Also please don't feel like you need to limit suggestions to photography related ones. I would like whatever it ends up being to be something that I can document here so that you and others like you can follow along providing feedback, but leave the logistics of accomplishing that to me. I'm up for anything, really.

If you need another example of a yearlong project that I would consider a successful effort please check out Michelle's Spell. She is an excellent writer and I have been lucky to find her site and read along as she has posted, almost daily, her writings.

So let me have it! What should I do in '08?

1 comment:

¤ Émìlíå ¤ said...

I can't believe that it is the end. It doesn't feel that long ago when I came upon your blog and took interest in your project.

Your photography is beautiful and I'm happy to have viewed the 365 pieces of it.

I have no idea what you could do for the next project but I look forward to seeing what you come up with for 2008.

Happy New Year Scott!

Good luck and best wishes

Emily.